Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hil is scared... And she should be...

Since I'm currently ill and confined to the bed, I'm mercy to my television. I think it's trying to tell me something. I was happily watching the Food Network and then it magically switched over to MSNBC. Guess I'm supposed to make a post.

We at American Other all take individual responsibility for our own presidential favorites. It's no secret that I'd like John Edwards to give me better health insurance, tuck me in and read me bedtime stories. Iowans, in the title of Spike Lee, Do the Right Thing.

(Chuck Norris is predicting a landslide for Huckabee, by the way. Life gets even more farcical than inside my head.)

ABC News is reporting, however, that the Clinton team is prepping for a massive spin campaign for when she does not capture the Iowans hearts. The article notes that there are plans to "declare success" even if Hil finishes in third place.

No!!!!!!!!

We've had eight years of declaring success when there's failure. Mission accomplished when mission ain't accomplished. Doublespeak and doublethink and the Thought Police. The last thing I want to see is a serious presidential candidate preparing to "declare success" for no reason.

Godspeed tomorrow, Iowans.

4 comments:

CyFlorist said...

It really should be interesting- we've seen quite a few more Edwards signs pop up locally in the last week, and I read somewhere he's the second choice of 62% of the non-front runner supporters. The anti-poverty campaign really speaks to a lot of people here.

Of course, I live in heavily Democractic SE Iowa in a country that has had one Republican elected official since 1900. God only knows what's going to happen over in western Iowa AKA Steve King country. Gah.

Hope you feel better!

Rani of Kuch Nahi said...

Thanks, Cy!

I don't understand the Obama and Hillary hype. Really.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, R!

D said...

Chuck Norris will assassinate Mitt Romney.