Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Super Mardi Edition

Is anyone else feeling a sense of ennui related to Super Tuesday? If so, you might want to consider some King Cake. You don't have to eat it--just consider it. I'm about to consider a piece myself.

So what's going to happen tonight? I'm thinking great victories for Obama and McCain. Clinton, Romney, and Huckabee will all stay in the race, but the momentum will carry Obama and McCain to the nomination.

It's no big secret that I abhor Hillary. I'm a bit concerned, though, that Obama might pick Clinton as his running mate. Is this something I shouldn't really worry about? Because I do. Just as I know I'd rather write-in than vote for Hillary, I don't think I could vote for an Obama-Clinton ticket.

2 comments:

D said...

I was thinking about this distinct possibility but the more I do, the more I realize it won't happen. The X factor that's keeping these two separated is Bill Clinton. Let's assume that an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama ticket wins the White House. Hillary doesn't want to play second fiddle to Obama, her ego is too strong, this was supposed to be her turn to be president. The VP is supposed to support the president and it's more likely that her and Bill would be planning her campaign in 2012 over the next four years instead. Switch the ticket and Obama is actually the third wheel. He'd still be competing with Bill for the spotlight and the focus. He wouldn't have the chance to hone his executive skills in a way that would propel him to the presidency in 2016. I think it's more likely that Obama and Clinton may get some high level cabinet positions or appointments in the others' administration

CyFlorist said...

I have nothing pithy to add. But Kiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnng Cake.

*drools*